We invite you to take part in European Technology Forum! The Forum is planned to be an open platform for consulting with a wide range of stakeholders about the European research and technology policy.
Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation Carlos Moedas will be the keynote speaker during the Forum.
Polish NCP is this event’s co-organizer.
The main Forum goals are:
- To discuss priorities and funding mechanisms of the EU research and technology policy, and the principles of the seven-year work programme of Horizon Europe in particular,
- To ponder problems of synergies between Horizon Europe and other research, innovation and competitiveness-related Union and national programmes,
- To foster various types of networking and partnerships – be they industry-driven, science-driven, or driven by public authorities – to avoid duplication of efforts and establish common goals,
- To present the Responsible Development Strategy of Poland in scope of research and innovation and discuss its goals to be achieved in the perspective by 2020 and 2030, the way in which they should be achieved and major projects.
Aside from plenary sessions four thematic conferences will be held:
- Innovative Technologies in Medicine
- Industry 4.0,
- From Waste to Resources
- The Future of Transportation
Over 80 respective policy makers and outstanding experts have confirmed their participation as keynote speakers or panellists. We are expecting about 1000 researchers and representatives of technology providers, down-stream industry users, scientific and engineering associations, financial institutions and other stakeholders from all around Europe. It is a great chance to meet people, build up networks, exchange ideas and identify possible partners.
We look forward to the pleasure of meeting you in Katowice, the industrial capital of Poland, and one of the youngest and liveliest metropolis in Europe. In its surroundings there are antique coal and silver mines, open to the tourists, the Beskids, the most beautiful mountains in Poland, Cracow and Częstochowa Jurassic Upland, picturesque places with rocks and castles, the Pszczyna Palace Museum, the Auschwitz – Birkenau Memorial and Museum in Oświęcim. The region simply begs to be explored.
More information at Forum website